SEV Consulting Group is one of the oldest Bahamian-owned environmental consultancies in The Bahamas. SEV has been in business since 2007 and has been the lead consulting firm for many projects throughout the islands. With a technical staff having more than 80 years combined environmental experience, we have provided our clients with the highest standard of service through our:
- Knowledge of The Bahamas and its natural resources
- Familiarity with regulatory systems and Government requirements for approval of development projects
- Relationships in key agencies and companies in The Bahamas, regionally and globally
- Experience in the regional and international arena
The strengths and core competencies of SEV include:
- Experience in developing environmental studies, Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs), and Environmental Management Plans (EMPs)
- Project proposal development and project management through planning, construction, environmental monitoring, operation and decommissioning
- Knowledge of The Bahamas and the unique constraints of SIDS
- Available network of individuals, organizations and companies to successfully perform tasks
- Scientific, environmental and management training, skills and experience
- Creativity and flexibility in problem-solving
These strengths and core competencies provide major competitive strengths for SEV Consulting that are not possessed by any other consulting firm existing in The Bahamas or that has worked in The Bahamas. The combined knowledge, experience, contacts and skills of the SEV Consulting team is unparalleled in the field of consulting services.
Mission And Values
The mission of SEV Consulting Group is to provide sound scientific knowledge and expertise to its clients with the aim of facilitating activities that are ecologically sustainable and cost effective.
Its work will embody the principles of excellence, equity, integrity, professionalism, sustainable use and stewardship.
At SEV, we firmly believe that development and environmental sustainability are not mutually exclusive and that as The Bahamas takes its place in the global community, the values and traditions of our physical environment need not be sacrificed.
While SEV has many staff members who ensure its commitment to its mission and values, SEV is the brainchild of Mrs. S. Helena Moultrie, its Vice-President of Environmental Policy and Planning. Mrs. Moultrie holds a Bachelor of Science in Marine Sciences and Fisheries (University of the West Indies, Mona Campus), a Master of Marine Management (Dalhousie University, Halifax) and a Masters in Urban and Regional Planning with a focus on Sustainability (University of Florida, Gainesville). Her employment history in the environmental arena spans decades.
Mrs. Moultrie is responsible for business development, project management, staff management, and client service delivery in the areas of environmental policy, planning and management as well as EIA and EMP development, coordination of internationally-funded projects and development of environmental education, awareness and training materials.
Other staff specialities at SEV
- Environmental Law
- Marine Assessments and Coastal Evaluations
- Marina assessments and evaluations for international certification
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Environmental Management Systems
- Policy and legislative development
- Project Management (regional and national)
- Development of staff training materials
- Environmental auditing
- Terrestrial assessments
- International Environmental Matters
- Direction of complex projects from concept to fully operational status
- Development of survey programs for information and data gathering
- Conducting public meetings, workshops and training programs
Staff Certifications and Memberships
- Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management, United Kingdom
- Chartered Scientist, Science Council, United Kingdom
- Member, American Planning Association
- Reef Check
- AGRRA (Fish identification)
- STEMM (Sustainable Tourism Entrepreneurial Management & Marketing) Environmental Management Systems Consultant
- ISO 14000 Environmental Management Systems Lead Auditor
- Nitrox Certification
- PADI Advanced Open Water
SEV is committed to utilizing the skills and expertise of local Bahamians, but also recognizes the added knowledge and technology, which international partners can provide. Over the course of its long history, SEV has forged strong partnerships with the following national and international firms.
- Angelus Construction Management Services Ltd – Nassau, Bahamas
- Caribbean Coastal Services – Nassau, Bahamas
- Design Elements – Nassau, Bahamas
- EConnect – Abaco, Bahamas
- HD Wells Professional Planning Services – Nassau, Bahamas
- Adarie Engineering & Environmental Services (AEES) – Florida
- Acorn International LLC – Boston Massachusetts
- Barbados Blue Water –Barbados, West Indies
- Pace Analytical Services Inc. – Florida
- GES – Boston Massachusetts